Position Title: Stream Lead (Space Stream)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, helps innovators transition from science projects to high-growth companies. We deal with some of the world’s top, early-stage, high technology ventures. Our nine-month program – structured around five summit-type meetings – pairs startup founders with experienced entrepreneurs and investors who set focused, measurable objectives to achieve over fixed timelines.
Working closely with the senior leadership, the Stream Lead is responsible for leading the Creative Destruction Lab’s activities around venture recruitment, venture management, communications and resource mobilization for the CDL Space Stream. The Stream Lead oversees and assists the development and implementation of CDL strategies that enhance the brand and reputation of the Rotman School of Management through the Creative Destruction Lab.
· Work closely with the Associate Director to plan and execute the venture recruitment outreach strategy for the Space Stream.
· Attending and coordinating venture recruitment trips, including off-site presentations, participation in conferences, and recruitment-specific events.
· Outreach, communication, and engagement with external stakeholders in relevant industries.
· Facilitate interactions between Ventures, CDL Scientists, Investors, and MBA students for CDL Sessions.
· Provide business development support to a small number of CDL ventures.
· Manage the outputs of the Space Stream Venture Manager.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in project management, external relations, strategic community development, and business or product development in aeronautical or space industry (work experience in aerospace or space industry is preferred)
· University degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. (degree in aerospace engineering or aeronautical engineering is preferred)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to monitor and uphold a high quality of work.
· Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
· Proven problem solving ability with solid analytical skills.
· Calm under pressure.
All interested applicants should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.