Stream: Artificial Intelligence, Space
Michael Lyon has experience in law, finance, business development, corporate marketing, strategic planning, government operations and policy. Extensive international experience (100+ Countries). Emphasis on space, technology, renewable energy, aviation, telecommunications, and life sciences sectors.
• Co-founded Xtronaut Enterprises, leading space-related entertainment and education firm, with the leader of the NASA OSIRIS-REx mission.
• Provides legal and business development support for companies in New Space Sector.
• Leader in Space Tourism Market — Co-Organized first orbital tourist flights (Tito/Shuttleworth).
• Senior positions during U.S. Government’s efforts to solve major financial crisis — the S&L Crisis. Special Assistant to Chairman William Seidman at the FDIC and RTC.
• Author of leading book (“Cycling Along Europe’s Rivers) and articles on cycle touring in Europe.
• General Counsel J.E. Robert Company, Space Adventures, and Deep Ocean Expeditions.
• Mr. Lyon practiced law at the Washington, D.C. law firm of Covington and Burling.
• Backpacked around the world twice, sailed for a year in the Caribbean, drove Washington D.C. to Purdue Bay and back.
Mr. Lyon received his J.D. (cum laude) from the Harvard Law School, and his B.A. (summa cum laude) in History from Brandeis University. He also attended the London School of Economics.