CDL-Oxford, hosted at Oxford’s Saïd Business School, announces new mentors for its inaugural cohort of 25 ventures in the Artificial Intelligence Stream. Ambitious founders of pre- and seed-stage, AI-driven start-ups are encouraged to apply before the August 12th deadline.
Quick Programme Overview
The programme does not take equity or charge a fee, and combines five elements to help science-based ventures.
- An emphasis on objective-setting, helping companies cut through distractions and focus on what’s most important.
- Focused mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs who have founded, led, and sold significant tech companies.
- Technical advice from world-leading scientists, engineers, and economists, leaders in their respective fields.
- Opportunities to raise capital from the CDL Network, including angels and VCs from Europe and North America.
- Hands-on support from top MBA Students, who embed within the company to provide business support.
This programme is home to the greatest concentration of AI-related start-ups on Earth, and has proved to be highly successful. To date CDL has helped to nurture start-ups worth over £2.5 billion (4.2B CAD) in equity value.
CDL-Oxford is delighted to announce some of its newest mentors:
- Elizabeth Caley, Director of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Dick Foster, Emeritus Director of McKinsey & Company
- Tom Hulme, Partner at Google Ventures
- Barney Pell, ex-NASA (flew first AI system in deep space), and co-founder of LocoMobi and Moon Express
- Ingmar Posner, Oxford Professor and co-founder of Oxbotica
- Patrick Pichette, former CFO of Google
- William Tunstall-Pedoe, founder of Evi (acquired by Amazon to power Alexa)
- Stephan Urenbacher, founder of Qype (acquired by Yelp for $50M)
- Chris Wade, co-founder of Cambridge Positioning Systems
- Jane Walerud, Partner at Walerud Ventures
- Shivon Zilis, Project Director at Neuralink and Tesla
More mentors are joining and will be announced over the coming weeks.
The application deadline is August 12th. For more information about CDL-Oxford please visit: creativedestructionlab.com/locations/oxford.
To get in contact with the CDL-Oxford team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Creative Destruction Lab
The Creative Destruction Lab is a seed-stage programme for massively scalable, science-based companies. Its nine-month programme pairs founders with experienced entrepreneurs and investors to set focused, measurable objectives with the goal of maximizing equity-value creation. Founded in 2012 by Professor Ajay Agrawal at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto, the programme has now expanded with locations in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Halifax, and Oxford.
Since its inception in 2012, companies that have participated in the CDL programme have created over £2.5 billion in equity value. CDL Alumni include North (Waterloo), Atomwise (San Francisco), Deep Genomics (Toronto), Automat (Montreal), Kyndi (Palo Alto), and Heuritech (Paris).
CDL Alumni Stories
- CDL Alumni Stories: modl.ai
- Creative Destruction Lab puts cancer detection start-up on road to success
- CDL Alumni Stories: Discover Dollar
- How the Creative Destruction Lab helped transform DarwinAI from a “fancy science project” into a viable start-up
About Saïd Business School
Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford blends the best of new and old. We are a vibrant and innovative business school, yet deeply embedded in an 800-year old world-class university. We create programmes and ideas that have global impact. We educate people for successful business careers, and as a community seek to tackle world-scale problems. We deliver cutting-edge programmes and ground-breaking research that transform individuals, organisations, business practice, and society. We seek to be a world-class business school community, embedded in a world-class University, tackling world-scale problems.